FC Twin

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

FC Twin

Post by Jeff-20 »

I just found out about the new FC Twin (a combo system for SNES and NES). I wondered if anyone else here is interested in such a console.

I think it looks fun, but the nintendo must be a NOAC (nintendo on a chip).
yoyodyne
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by yoyodyne »

I just saw them too, on eBay. I was selling some original NES stuff
there for a friend, and ran across those.

They sell cheap enough you can afford to buy one just to have.

I think its neat that they are still making equipment for a
20-year old platform.

I wonder what other retro systems we will see re-marketed?

Is this product sanctioned by Nintendo? Or did they
let their patent/copyright drop?
If you document it, its not a bug, its a feature.
~
You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Just don't count on having them both at once.
~
There was a time, before we were born. If someone asks, this is where I'll be.
rork
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by rork »

Crap! I guess I shouldn't have bought the original NES a month or so ago. I paid almost a hundred bucks for it. Seems like these go for much less...
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

The FC Twin is a good alternative but it isn't a replacement. There are some compatibility issues, it doesn't support the NES light gun and it only has composite output. I use an SVIDEO connector with my SNES and it really does make a difference.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
rork
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by rork »

gklinger wrote:..it doesn't support the NES light gun...
Oh, really? I feel better now. :) In that case, I wouldn't be able to play the Duck Hunt, which is probably my favorite NES game. 8)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Apparently it is NOT legal. Famiclones are legal at the moment, but SF (SNES) is not.

Nintendo will catch up to them really soon. The problem is that the system doesn't show a manufacturer (or even location of manufacture). It is obviously from a pirate company, but without a name on the box, it will take some time for Nintendo to catch them. I guess you should buy it now if you really want one.

I am still unsure. I almost bought a famiclone; my nintendo (as most originals) is faulty and not reliable. I almost bought a "yobo"(?) new fake famicom that plays fami and nes. When I saw this FC TWIN, I was happy that I didn't.

I'm still unsure about buying it, because I would like to know if it can play famicom games (most likely it cannot).
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

? Is there any adaptor that will allow you to play SNES with NES controllers?
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

rork wrote:Crap! I guess I shouldn't have bought the original NES a month or so ago. I paid almost a hundred bucks for it. Seems like these go for much less...
Woah! Did it come with a bunch of games or something, because around my parts, NES consoles are a dime a dozen. About $10 or less at thrift stores.
rork
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by rork »

ral-clan wrote:
rork wrote:Crap! I guess I shouldn't have bought the original NES a month or so ago. I paid almost a hundred bucks for it. Seems like these go for much less...
Woah! Did it come with a bunch of games or something, because around my parts, NES consoles are a dime a dozen. About $10 or less at thrift stores.
Well, this one was semi-professionally refurbished and had a new pin installed. It also came with several games, controllers, and a light gun. I've seen them go for less than what I paid, but that particular eBay seller seemed very professional and trustworthy, so I decided to go with him. Ironically, this transaction turned out to be very bumpy (I mentioned that in another thread). However, the seller promised to send me another game for free for all the inconvenience and as soon as I get it, I guess I'll be happy.
ssjlance
super saiya-jin

Post by ssjlance »

I personally enjoy having the licensed version of a system. I don't know why, but I do. I also enjoy owning the pirates, but in a different sort of way. I do remember shelling out $60 for the old Top Loading NES 101 System. And I mean just the system, no cords, no controllers, no nothing. Here's a pic for anyone who cares. :D