The World of Commodore, December 2 2006 in Toronto

Discuss anything related to the VIC
rork
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by rork »

PhotoJim wrote:Rork, look me up! I lecture at the U of R at night to help pay for my hobbies. :)
Cool! I sure will! Actually, I was supposed to be there last year at this conference, but didn't make it. As you can see, my trip to Canada is long overdue... ;)
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Centallica wrote:Who from the forum besides me, Leif and Eslapion going....show of hands?
/me raises hand
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
rork
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by rork »

Following the example set by Ran-clan in another thread, I also want to wish everybody who's going to the WoC tomorrow lots of fun!!!

I'm expecting some kind of report here soon! :D
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Pics!

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rob.ad ... FBySkp.3v7

Also, four of us from Denial posed for a picture. Left to right, that's myself, Centallica, gklinger, and eslapion. Dragos and 6502dude were there too, but we couldn't find them for the photoshoot.

Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

It was great finally meeting Golan and Eslapion yesterday!

Wish 6502dude and Dragos were around to meet also...maybe another meet we all can make it at once....

Leif (Schema) was like a Commodore filing cabinet (a heavy contribution of files of information) :D He demo'd The World's 1st online 2 player game for the Commodore 64 called Artillery Dual (i believe that's the correct name) which was a very impressive feat 8)

Eslapion demo'd his Ultimate Expander and was there for sales orders. Many were surprised and impressed that there was great new development in the Vic-20 scene 8) If I knew that you needed a new keyboard, I would of brought ya one for my pile there Eslapion...maybe next time :P

I didn't find much in the Vic-20 or PET way of things but did pick up a bunch of books and software for the C64 for $1-$3 each!!

A couple of interesting mentions of books were "The best of Vic/Commodore Software" printed in 1984. Don't know why it wasn't called "The best of Vic and 64 software" as there were no other Commodore computers rated :?

Eslapion as per a audience question after your demo, this book says that the business program "Flex File 2.1" a database program requires 24K expansion :P

Some intereresting reading including which I may review the book in more detail at a later date....

Secondly, "Commodore Tune-up" has some neat hardware and ROM expansion projects for the hardware gurus :D

Who was the young blonde taking notes guys? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Brian
Tepic
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Tepic »

Neat. We need one of them in the UK. Minus all the Amiga rubbish of course!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I love the pic of all the Denial members; even more so, I love that you are all wearing pins! 8) I showed my girlfriend, and now she thinks I am part of some cult! :mrgreen:
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Nice pics.. I already saw those at cbm newsgroup. We want more.. :wink:
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Jeff-20 wrote:I love the pic of all the Denial members; even more so, I love that you are all wearing pins! 8) I showed my girlfriend, and now she thinks I am part of some cult! :mrgreen:
Jeff, I was thinking that it would of have been great to have a Denial table sat up with internet connection to a monitor to promote the site there :D

T-shirts of all members in attendace like the Denial logo pins would have been cool with website address on them too :wink:

Pamplets or business cards with website address to give out....

Denial World of Commodore game collection from member contributions done up on floppy for sale etc...

Just a few ideas for next year :wink:
Brian
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Thanks for the pictures.

It's nice to finally put faces to some of the names that I've heard.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Centallica wrote:Who was the young blonde taking notes guys? :shock: :shock: :shock: Brian
That was Michele Henry, a reporter from the Toronto Star. Her article is here.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Kind of sad I guess, and perhaps slightly sexist of me - But I automatically assume that any woman (especially young, non-bookish looking ones) at a Commodore show is either a reporter/girlfriend dragged along/someone looking for the washroom! :lol:

Of course there is always one exception to the rule: Jeri.

I'm sure she gets sick of the question: so what does it like to be a woman at these events....blah, blah, blah.

Just to protect myself: there's nothing wrong with bookish looking women....sometimes they are the nicest people!
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Schema wrote:
Centallica wrote:Who was the young blonde taking notes guys? :shock: :shock: :shock: Brian
That was Michele Henry, a reporter from the Toronto Star. Her article is here.
Great article :P

Hoping she'll be in the next vic-20 dreams :wink:
Brian
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

ral-clan wrote:Just to protect myself: there's nothing wrong with bookish looking women....sometimes they are the nicest people!
Sometimes the bookish looking ones have built up "frustrations" that need to be satisfied so they can concentrate on the duey decimal system properly the next day :P :wink:

Brian
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Centallica wrote:
ral-clan wrote:Just to protect myself: there's nothing wrong with bookish looking women....sometimes they are the nicest people!
Sometimes the bookish looking ones have built up "frustrations" that need to be satisfied so they can concentrate on the duey decimal system properly the next day :P :wink:

Brian
Hey, I certainly have no problems with bookish looking women! :lol:

On another subject: did Jeri show up this time?