15 Vintage games from ALA Software (rare)

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

nbla000
Salmon Run

Re: 11 Vintage games from ALA Software (rare)

Post by nbla000 »

orion70 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:27 am Hear hear, are you saying that I can actually mount and read TAP files with a standard SD2IEC device? I really didn't expect that :shock:
Not for standard SD2IEC devices that use original sd2iec firmware, for what I know, only with C64SD Infinity+ITS module and newer version with patched firmware, not solded at the moment.

I've one and it works like a jewel, from the italian manufacturer site you may download also a full newsstand taps collection.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Ah yes, the Princess - I bought one once, but I badly damaged it (detached the plug from the card), and never found someone able to repair it. Now they sell the Core32, nice device, wifi and everything, but a bit too expensive for its function.
highinfidelity
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by highinfidelity »

orion70 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:49 pm Ah yes, the Princess - I bought one once, but I badly damaged it (detached the plug from the card), and never found someone able to repair it.
You might send me a picture of the damaged item, I'll see if I can arrange something...
GOD is REAL. Unless declared DOUBLE PRECISION.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Thanks a lot for the kind offer, I just sold it to a friend :mrgreen:
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Barney »

TWO MORE ALA Software Games added.

1. Code of Death - 8k
2. Traffic - 8k

Attached
Attachments
Code of Death and Traffic.zip
(164.89 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: 14 Vintage games from ALA Software (rare) - 2 More Added

Post by Barney »

Here is another ALA Software games called "City Streets" - 16K
Attachments
City Streets.zip
(70.42 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: 15 Vintage games from ALA Software (rare) - 2 More Added

Post by Barney »

Here is another ALA Software title called "Traffic" - 8k
Attachments
Trafric.zip
(85.42 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Barney »

orion70 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:05 am Will take a look myself later... Would it be possible to one-file them, or do a d64, in order to try them on real hardware?
Hello Orion70, how does one d64 a tap file? Let me know and I can do that.

Also, I've tested all the games I attached and they work fine on my Vic, I just had to use a Tapuino tape emulator (Ebay).
Noizer
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Noizer »

Barney wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:35 am
orion70 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:05 am Will take a look myself later... Would it be possible to one-file them, or do a d64, in order to try them on real hardware?
Hello Orion70, how does one d64 a tap file? Let me know and I can do that.

Also, I've tested all the games I attached and they work fine on my Vic, I just had to use a Tapuino tape emulator (Ebay).
Hi Barney, I think it's not possible to save a pure tap file on a disk, due its huge size. One have to extract the prg datas and parts first and configure the games to work on disk.
Maybee some guy from this thread kindly help you -> viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9958&p=111679&hili ... rt#p111679

BR
Valid rule today as earlier: 1 Byte = 8 Bits
-._/classes instead of masses\_.-
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: 15 Vintage games from ALA Software (rare) - 2 More Added

Post by Barney »

Ok, I'll check the thread out. Thanks.
vicist
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: 15 Vintage games from ALA Software (rare)

Post by vicist »

See if these work on the real hardware. All one filed on a .d64.
There were a couple that started off OK but went into NTSC land when restarting, so I fixed them to be PAL/NTSC friendly.
Enjoy.

ala software(disk).zip
(46.71 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Barney »

Yes, all the games in the file work fine on my Authentic Vic-20. Nice job, makes loading much easier. To makes things easier, I noticed that all the games work fine at 16k....no need to alternate between unexpanded and 8k.

Side Note: One thing I can't stand about many video games back in the 80's is that each time you die, it asks "Do you want to play again?" It does this over and over and gets to be more work than it's worth. Why don't they just automatically restart you without asking.
highinfidelity
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by highinfidelity »

Barney wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:08 pmOne thing I can't stand about many video games back in the 80's is that each time you die, it asks "Do you want to play again?" It does this over and over and gets to be more work than it's worth. Why don't they just automatically restart you without asking.
In the '80s, interacting with a computer was the "new big thing". Programs asking to type in your name, and then calling you with your first name from there on were fancy. For how cheesy and naive it may sound today, things like these didn't exist before and everyone liked to try them out. So a computer asking to you if you'd like to play again, was part of the '80s experience. 8)

But aside from these social aspects, when a game is over there are only three alternatives: the program is abruptly ended (no good), the program is abruptly restarted without your consent (mmmmhh... so and so), or the computer asks you what you want to do. As it is customary to check the score, see if you hit the previous hi score, perhaps write it down on the all times' hi score list, fill your mouth with another handful of nuts, go to the fridge and pick a coke, I feel as logical that the computer stands by and waits as long as I say that I'm ready to play again. :wink:
GOD is REAL. Unless declared DOUBLE PRECISION.